Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Hi all. Just getting home from work, figured I'd post something as a way of decompressing. Its been a long day. I'm running on 4 hours of sleep. This might not seem that bad to most of you, but I need my 8 hours (this is your fault Cnot!!!! you rubbed off on me). Around noon, I thought I could sneak in some naptime, but I was called downstairs to work with the new trainee for a couple of hours. It felt so weird to be in that position, because I remember when I first started and how clueless I was. There I was, telling this 18 year old what to do, giving her advice on how to handle customers, etc. After she left for the day, I asked Sean if he liked his new aide, and his response was "She's no Marugula" (Marugula=Melinda, again don't ask about the names). I'm not even sure I spelled that correctly. Anyway, now that I'm upstairs all day, we don't talk as much and joke around anymore :-( I miss the stories, jokes, midday runs to the Georgia Ave. for patties, free lunches, I miss Wimpy. So I promised him that from now on, I'll hang out downstairs at least once a week, just to catch up.

Yesterday was also another long day. Started off the day with burning, itching, red eyes.....a few drops of Visine fixed that. Didn't really do a lot of work, spent most of the time texting people, trading stories with Barbara (my supervisor) . We're both getting bored with work, so everyday we try to come up with a method to make the day go faster. So far this week we've pranked people, played "name that tune", and reorganized file cabinets that didn't need reorganizing. We do get our work done, its just that we don't really have too much to do anymore, because we actually go to work everyday, unlike her previous assistants. We're so caught up with work, we have nothing left to do!!! Anyways, after work, I hung out with Goonga, and we went to pick up his game at midnight. Didn't get home till 1a.m., fell asleep around 2, woke up at 6.

Yesterday I also had my most embarrassing moment. I'm not going to tell you what happened. All I have to say is, I'm sure its happened to you before, and when you gotta go, you gotta go! Oh and when did we start calling each other bitches again??? I feel old and out of touch. Meh! I'm tired. Later bitches!!!


No comments: