Thursday, June 12, 2008

No woman, no cry!!!

It has been an extremely trying week. The realization that you have to start anew and by yourself. The mini discussion and decision about the account. Seeing my dog for less than 2 minutes after 3 months. Dealing with office politics and the sharks vying for my office. Dealing with lawyers and legal documents. Deadlines. Decisions. Desolation. The tears, fears, anxiety, anger and to top it all off, its that time of the year. At the time when I feel the worst in both my personal and professional life, I have to complete a self evaluation. I've somehow managed to make it this far through the week. To keep myself laughing and smiling, even though on the inside I was anything but....and today thank God for Katie. As "Katie did Dallas" (short story: her full name sounds like a stripper name)....as she did her little dance at the end of the day just to make me laugh, I realized that the pains in my back are gone, along with the kink in my neck. I realized that I was actually laughing and smiling, not just pretending. It has been a trying journey but it is time to forgive and venture onto a different path. It has been a trying week, but as the weekend approaches, I plan to leave all that behind me and be grateful for those that have kept me smiling.

Good friends we have, oh, good friends we've lost
Along the way, yeah!
In this great future, you can't forget your past;
So dry your tears, I seh, yeah!

"No Woman No Cry" --- Bob Marley


No comments: